Tuesday, May 22, 2012

great food, great times, and great service

Dear burger enthusiasts, For many moons now, I have been touting 2 burgers as the cream of the crop. One heavenly burger in Lincoln, Nebraska and one in Washington, DC. The time has come to replace the "gold standard" for DC. Typically I wouldn't get all Jesusy on you, but in this case it might be appropriate. Oh how the mighty have fallen. Old Ebbits burger still ranks high on my list, but thanks to Chef Geoff I have a new favorite here in DC. Let me count the ways: 1. The Food - CHEF GEOFF'S ORIGINAL HAPPY HOUR - Bistro Burger for $5.95 (this special goes ALL day on Monday and Tuesday) 2. The Service - Special shout out to Allie and Mario for proving that you CAN find good service in DC. 3. The Great times - a) I met Chef Geoff and he is not only an amazing chef, but a snappy dresser and a kind soul. b) my first visit was accompanied by my good friend Susan and Benny. If you knew them both, you wouldn't need to ask if it was a great time. c) never a dull moment, as we met a local of the bar it seemed as if there might have been a near miss with DC's finest. I don't feel the need to describe the taste, quality or style. I will leave that to Tim Gunn and you of course as my loyal followers. You will not be disappointed. Trust me. Thanks again, Chef Geoff. Hats off to you and your staff. With meat eating love, Jill

1 comment: